“Ansanm Nou Fo” is a Haitian led service project launched in 2017 by the Haitian Creole Net team. The goal is to empower young Haitians to give back to their community.
- Click here to see posts about our projects.
Too often outsiders have come to help Haiti, but never invested in young leaders to impact their own communities. That is an unsustainable model that leads to discouragement and dependence. It sends the message that only foreigners with large budgets can make a difference.
We’re just getting started, but here are a few of our core beliefs.
- Haitians helping Haitians should be the rule, not the exception, in service projects.
- Projects planned by outsiders often fail to respect local culture.
- Grassroots projects with tiny budgets can have out sized results because they avoid the 80% overhead of many non-profits.
- Transparency and self evaluation is the mark of all good projects.
Our initial projects will be shared here on the blog and out our Twitter feed.